The Four Important Questions You Need To Ask Your PMP Coach
Cracking the PMP exam demands intense preparation, proactive planning and the right guidance. Students appearing for this exam must be prepared academically as well as psychologically to handle the challenge in the best manner possible. Anxiety is a part of the PMP preparatory phase and acquiring the right guidance from your PMP coach can help combat these psychological obstacles easily.
Read on to find out about the most important questions that must be discussed with the PMP coach online in our PMP exam prep course or in a regular classroom setting. While we bring forth the most common answers, the PMP coach who has better knowledge about every individual's strengths and weaknesses can offer precise solutions.
1. How can I handle the long scenario-based questions in the PMP exam?
Reading through the long paragraphs and locating the correct answers for the tricky questions can be a pain indeed. While quick judgment is often the only option in a time constrained situation, the technique is not always dependable. PMP coaches recommend the bottom-upward technique where the students first get to read the last few lines of the question and then work their way upwards to finding the right answers. Coaches also recommend paying attention to these kinds of questions while attending PMP exam prep with a simulator.
2. How can I manage time during the actual exam?
The four long hours of PMP exam time is reported to be sufficient to complete all the questions featured in the exam. Some expert time management exam tricks include,
- Answer the easiest questions and keep difficult ones for later.
- Plan the time to include a few minutes of review at the end of the exam.
- Mark the questions that need to be reviewed at the end of the exam
Talk to your PMP coach to secure some more specific time management ideas based on your areas of expertise.
3. How can I effectively cover the entire course content with a plan?
A PMP coach is often the best person to help build a solid preparation plan for PMP. Students can work along with the coach and customize their study plan which can include,
- Reading and obtaining information through a study guide
- Audio or visual aids or classes through media players
- Group study with other students or instructors in person or online
- Mentor or coaching institute through regular classes or online sessions
4. How many times should I take mock tests and what scores should I aim for?
Experts provide no definite answer to this question other than take as many as time permits and aim for the highest score each time.. However, it is important to note that the quality of questions in practice tests are of more importance than the number of tests itself. Students can work with the PMP coach to track progress through every test and to assess the quality of mock tests.
PMP exam prep requires a lot of time and effort to achieve the desired results. A PMP coach plays a significant role in preparing the student to take up the challenge.